One of the surprises of caregiving for someone living with dementia is how you may be able to reach them in unexpected ways.
Music therapy has been shown to be beneficial in Alzheimer’s disease. Because it’s non-threatening and most people enjoy music they like, so it’s a powerful tool as this video shows.
According to the American Music Therapy Association, music therapy can…
- Promote wellness,
- Manage stress,
- Alleviate pain,
- Enhance memory,
- Improve communication,
- Provide unique opportunities for interaction,
- Facilitate movement and overall physical rehabilitation,
- Increase motivation to engage in treatment,
- Provide emotional support for clients and their families, and
- Create an outlet for expression of feelings.
To your Happy & Healthy Caregiving,
Ina Gilmore MD
Purple Angel Dementia Ambassador
P.S. For additional tips and your free copy of A HEART PLAN, sign up for our newsletter!